Remember Your Godly Habits
Psalms 126:6 He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.
At the beginning of the year, we said building godly habits will be the best thing that will happen to you this 2022. Definitely, you started building some godly habits but as of now, you are almost back to your old habits. There is good news for you. You can keep moving. Let us refresh our minds on four ways we could build godly habits:
- Sow an action. Your actions are like seeds. If you plant they will geminate. Sow an action of prayer, giving, punctuality, sports etc. In other words, just start.
- Do it continually – Repeat that action! In other words, water the seed. If you want to do sports, begin with one action. Repeat it again. It is not possible to go for sports once a week. Do it again.
- Endure Pain. From the text above, you go out weeping. The sowing phase is very discomforting. It is not easy to stop lying especially if your lying protects you or provides for you. It is not easy waking up from bed early to be punctual or to pray. It is not easy to live a holy life in the midst of people living in sin. It takes hard work to develop good habits. Any seed that does not pain you is no seed.
- Anticipate the joy – Cast your eyes into the future. Can you look at the future and see your life without that bad habit or with that good habit? The joy of taking authority over what has been happening in your life: can you imagine your life as a giver? It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Some Christians have never enjoyed the blessings of giving. Sow a seed of giving today. What about the joy of not being controlled by cigarettes and beer or grass (cocaine). What about that life without that sin?
- Thank you Lord for sound sleep, new day & Your Word.
- Father, I want to build godly values that will help me excel.
- Dear Lord, I want to excel in my spiritual life. Help me Lord.